Manitoba recognizes 16 police officers with Excellence in Law Enforcement Awards 2017
The Manitoba government is recognizing 16 police officers for “outstanding contributions to their communities and police services” through the Excellence in Law Enforcement Awards, announced Justice Minister Heather Stefanson.
“It is truly an honour to recognize these officers and their dedication to public safety in the communities where they live and work,” said Stefanson. “We all benefit from their leadership, commitment and desire to make our province a better place. They have all demonstrated excellence that goes above and beyond what’s expected in the line of duty, and have made a difference in the lives of countless Manitobans.”
The awards were presented at the Manitoba Association of Chiefs of Police Excellence in Policing Awards dinner.
This year’s recipients are:
• Const. Michael Baranyk, Brandon Police Service;
• Sgt. Guylaine Berube, Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP);
• Cpl. Timothy Clarke, RCMP;
• Const. Ryan Corrin, Winnipeg Police Service (WPS);
• Cpl. Greg Fast, RCMP;
• Const. Luanne Gibb, RCMP;
• Const. Jonathan Goertzen, Morden Police Service;
• Cpl. James Helyer, RCMP;
• Const. Darren Kerchak, RCMP;
• Const. Saif Islam Khan, WPS;
• Const. Arnold Klassen, Winkler Police Service;
• Sgt. Kent MacInnis, RCMP;
• Sgt. Steve McArthur, Dakota Ojibway Police Service;
• Const. Daniel Noordman, WPS;
• Sgt. Edward Riglin, RCMP; and
• Sgt. Wesley Rommel, WPS.
“The officers receiving awards have all gone above and beyond in their service to Manitobans, they truly represent exemplary policing,” said Scott Kolody, president of the Manitoba Association of Chiefs of Police. “I congratulate the recipients for their hard work, their dedication and for their commitment to the communities they so proudly serve.”
The Excellence in Law Enforcement Awards were established by the provincial government to recognize extraordinary efforts by police officers in Manitoba. Award recipients are selected by a committee representing the Brandon Police Service, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Winnipeg Police Service and Manitoba Justice.
More than 130 police officers have received this award to recognize their contributions to their communities, police service or the betterment of law enforcement in Manitoba.