BlackBerry offers solutions to help improve processes and communication across incident coordination, commander awareness, evidence gathering, criminal investigations, and records and data management.
Collaborate and engage more effectively, share sensitive information securely, and respond quickly and efficiently, with more time spent in the community than at a desk.
IMPROVE FIELD COMMUNICATION AND COMMANDER AWARENESS
Secure Instant Messaging on smartphones allows officers outside of a patrol vehicle to communicate with one another without having to tie up the Land Mobile Radio (LMR). This can be especially valuable during busy call periods when the radio system can be congested.
SECURE EVIDENCE GATHERING
With communication and first responder apps directly on officers’ smartphones, they can quickly and securely gather all types of media on the scene and file reports. They’ll be more self-sufficient, without waiting for someone else to do checks or find information for them. This type of secure, reliable access to data is essential, especially in emergency scenarios.
- BlackBerry® UEM (formerly BES®12), offers trusted end-to-end security and support for a wide range of devices, with enhanced collaboration tools, secure file sharing, and custom app development
- Download UEM Datasheet
- Whitepaper: Mobile Security Checklist: The Top 10 Threats to Your Enterprise Today
- Whitepaper: UEM Checklist for CIOs
- Case Study: Suffolk County Police Department
ENABLE INTEROPERABILITY AND BETTER INCIDENT COORDINATION
To effectively respond to incidents, law enforcement must communicate and coordinate with their own officers, as well as other first responders, regardless of location. This includes bringing in personnel whether they are on or off duty.
- BlackBerry® AtHoc networked crisis communication unifies critical communications within and between organizations, their people, devices, and external entities. It’s the most secure solution in the market, exceeding industry and government requirements.
- Learn more about AtHoc
- Watch Video: Crisis Communications Through Early Warning
- Whitepaper: Emergency Management Guidebook
- Case Study: Washington State Uses AtHoc Connect for First Responders
- Case Study: U.S Army Garrison Bavaria: Smart Community Uses AtHoc to Protect Citizens
- Case Study: Saving Life & Property in Ztapalpa, Mexico, After Deadly Landslide
- Watch Video: Making Life Safer with AtHoc
SHARE DATA AND MANAGE RECORDS SECURELY
To speed up complex criminal investigations, police officers need to share documents with other agencies, the Prosecutor’s office, and social workers, while remaining in complete control of the sensitive information.
- BlackBerry® Workspaces addresses the challenge of securing the exchange of sensitive information, by applying a combination of 140-2 validated encryption, integrated Digital Rights Management, comprehensive collaboration and device-optimized access.
- Keep control over all files, even as external parties view or edit them
- Revoke access at any time
- Track access details and file history