Rugged Mobility for Field Automation
A new rugged tablet from Samsung Electronics Canada for your team.
April 30, 2020 Sponsored by
Technology plays an essential role in today’s law enforcement. As the world moves in a digital direction, there is a growing need for remote access to important databases and communication tools. When it comes to implementing these tech solutions, police officers face a unique set of challenges. Samsung Electronics Canada recently introduced its latest ruggedized device – the Galaxy Tab Active Pro, which helps address some of these pain-points. Named an Innovation Award Honoree at CES® this year, this device offers a high-tech solution for law enforcement concerns.
“At Samsung, we recognize the major challenges faced when choosing the right tech,” says Jennifer Safruk, Vice President, Mobile Division, Samsung Canada. “Specifically with law enforcement, we understand they require secure and durable mobile solutions on the go – which is why we’ve designed a truly ruggedized device that helps address their unique needs.”
Stay connected in harsh environments
Police officers are frequently faced with challenging environments – especially when operating in mission-critical situations. From inclement weather, to overnight shifts, officers operate in some of the most challenging environments and need a device that can go with them.
Built to withstand the toughest environments, including extreme temperatures, varying altitudes, shocks, and pressures,1 the ruggedized Galaxy Tab Active Pro was built to be as active as you. With an IP68 rating, this tablet is water resistant, so you can keep going even in inclement weather.2 Plus, easily access key apps on the touchscreen using the glove mode feature.
Use mobile solutions for a mobile job
Police officers are constantly on the go, and face the unpredictable on a daily basis. Officers need to stay connected to their desk even when in the field and need devices that can survive long shifts. Often, in-vehicle tech solutions are not mobile, and have a short battery life, which presents an array of challenges as officers navigate through their day.
With Samsung DeX, available on the Galaxy Tab Active Pro, the need for traditional Mobile Data Terminals (MDTs) is reduced. Officers can easily stay connected, both in and out of the vehicle, by docking to any compatible keyboard via DeX for a PC-like experience.3 With up to 15 hours on a full charge, the replaceable battery4 allows officers to work around the clock without fear of running out of power.
To further improve officers’ mobile tech experiences, Samsung works with key partners such as D&R Electronics, which offers their Dovetail Solution5, compatible with the Galaxy Tab Active Pro, to replace the traditional vehicle laptop.
Help secure confidential data
Security is a priority for any business; however, when it comes to policing, operating across a secure network is essential. When it comes to mobile, officers require access to highly sensitive information through their mobile devices.
As a result of these strict security requirements, Samsung has built a secure solution available for its mobile devices – Knox Security. Built into the Galaxy Tab Active Pro from the chip up, Knox Security offers added peace of mind to officers dealing with highly confidential data.
Innovation doesn’t have to be delicate, especially when it comes to law enforcement. Police officers need robust, rugged tools to keep up with the intensity of their job, which is why Samsung provides leading mobile solutions.
The Galaxy Tab Active Pro is available in Samsung Experience Stores, or online at Samsung.com/ca. Corporate orders can be placed through distributor/reseller channels and the online SMB store. For more information and full product specifications on the Galaxy Tab Active Pro, please visit the product page.
- This device passed military specification (MIL-STD-810G) testing against a subset of 21 specific environmental conditions, including temperature, dust, shock/vibration, and low pressure/high altitude. Real world usage varies from the specific environmental conditions used in MIL-STD-810G testing. Samsung does not guarantee device performance in all extreme conditions. Please see the inbox Quick Sales Guide.
- IP68 is based on test conditions for submersion in up to 1.5 meters of freshwater for up to 30 minutes. Not advised for beach or pool use. Water or dust damage not covered by warranty.
- DeX can be activated via Samsung Galaxy Tab Active Pro with third party accessories, sold separately. Accessories and monitor sold separately. Samsung DeX using an HDMI adapter, multi-port adapter or cable is available on Galaxy Tab Active Pro. Using a genuine Samsung HDMI adapter or cable qualified for Samsung DeX is recommended. Cable is sold separately and some functions may differ from DeX Pad. Certain apps may not run or may require license (for purchase) on Samsung DeX.
- Based on average battery life under typical usage conditions. Average expected performance based on typical use. Actual battery life depends on factors such as network, features selected, frequency of calls, and voice, data, and other application-usage patterns. Results may vary.
- Dovetail solution sold separately.
Print this page