RCMP’s “Name the Puppy” 2022
February 18, 2022 By Blue Line Staff
Feb. 17, 2022, Innisfail, Alta. – It is that time of year again: the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) needs help in naming the puppies that will become Canada’s future RCMP Police Dogs.
The Police Dog Service Training Centre (PDSTC) in Innisfail, Alta. is asking Canadians to suggest names for 13 German Shepherd puppies that will be born at the Centre in 2022.
When thinking of names, it is important to keep in mind that these are working police dogs, not pets.
Winning names will be chosen by the PDSTC staff. A draw will determine the winning entry in the event of multiple submissions of the same puppy name.
Although there can be only 13 winners, names not selected for the contest will be considered for other puppies born during the year.
Contest rules are simple:
- Contestants can suggest only 1 name (1 entry per person)
- The name may be for a male or a female pup
- The name must start with the letter “R”
- The name must have no more than 9 letters
- The name must be 1 or 2 syllables
- Contestants must be 4 to 14 years old
- Contestants must live in Canada
- Entries must be received by March 17, 2022
- The deadline for entries is March 17, 2022.
- Contest winners and prizes will be announced on April 13, 2022.
All contest entries must be submitted online. Contest entries cannot be accepted by email.
Print this page