“The following individuals have distinguished themselves among their peers for their important and exceptional contributions to policing and public safety in Canada,” the CACP announced. “Their effort and dedication is commendable, inspiring and must be acknowledged.”
Award winners included:
• CACP Policing Partnership Award: Barry Elliott, a retired Ontario Provincial Police Officer for Project Chargeback.
• CACP Recognition Award: Deputy Chief Const. Mike Serr, Abbotsford Police Department, for his valuable contributions as the Co-chair of the CACP Drug Advisory Committee.
• CACP/Motorola Awards of Excellence in Emergency Preparedness
- Emergency Preparedness Program: the Perth County Emergency Management Municipal 511 Project.
- Emergency Response Exercise: the Ottawa Emergency Management Program Ottawa 2017 C3 Exercise.
• CACP Traffic Safety Awards:
- National Police Award for Traffic Safety: the Ottawa Police Service’s Fatal Collision Review Committee.
- Lifetime Achievement Award for Traffic Safety: Insp. Doug C. Fenske, Ontario Provincial Police.
• Group Award: all members of the Toronto Police Hold Up Squad which consists of Det. Steven Campbell, Det.-Const. Graham Knill, Det. Joseph Matys, Det.-Const. Paul Mills, Det. Paul Moreau, and Det. Kevin Sedore.
• Canadian Bank’s Law Enforcement Awards:
- Individual Award: Const. Arvind Sidhu, Toronto Police Service