Michaud is one of six new members the assembly elected for the executive committee, the 13-member body that provides guidance and direction to the organization. Delegates are generally appointed for three years and according to a balanced regional representation. The other new members are:
• Néstor Roncaglia of Argentina (vice-president for the Americas)
• Destino Pedro of Angola (Delegate for Africa)
• Ahmed Nasser Al-Raisi of the United Arab Emirates (Delegate for Asia)
• Noboru Nakatani of Japan (Delegate for Asia)
• Jannine van den Berg of the Netherlands (Delegate for Europe)
The general assembly also voted to accept two new member countries, Kiribati and Vanuatu, bringing the total number of member countries to 194.
RELATED NEWS: South Korean named Interpol president in blow to Russia